Friday, March 11, 2011

My saving grace

Here I sit, 5:45 am, and all I have had in the way of sleep is approximately 2 1/2 hours. My adorable little guy woke me up around 1:45, when he came in to bed, crawling up from the bottom, and smooshing his daddy's legs in the process as all I heard was "ow ow ow" This little body curls up in the crook of my arm, kisses me, leans over and kisses his daddy, then immediately starts to snore. Softly, but snore nonetheless. I doze a little, but by 2:45, I'm getting head butted. Off to bed you go scamp, and up I get.

Logging in, I check my facebook, play my games, and read my bestie's blog. We're going for lunch today, and I'm excited for it. I have a proposition for her, with the beautiful cards she's been making, which will ultimately pay for her to get more supplies. Like my bead work. What I sell, makes up for what I buy. I create what I do for the sheer pleasure of the creations. Not to make money, (mind you coming out a little ahead is nice) but primarily for the enjoyment others have in what I do. The crafting of each piece calms me, soothes me, and brings me peace.... my saving grace.

1 comment:

  1. As always, I had a wonderful time out with you today.

    Please consider photographing some of your designs and sharing them on your blog?

    ReplyDelete