Sunday, March 6, 2011

Examining me

Quick witted I am not. My thoughts culminate in a quagmire of fog, confusion, and disorder. But I am single minded in my pursuits. Family and friends know they are always first and foremost. What is best for me, are the deeply grounded feelings and emotions that exude when I think of those I care for.

Secondly, is my craft. I am, in a nutshell, a "healer". Conventional, in that I am a nurse, unconventional in that I don't solely look to the "accepted" form of healing. Medicine. It has its purpose, and fulfills the required needs as are necessary, but, in my experience, there is more available, if the mind is open enough to accept the experience. Alternative therapies can go a long way toward healing... not just the body, but the mind and spirit as well.

My personal method of healing, is the use of gemstones. I have put my knowledge of some of the healing properties to use, and started making jewelry. I've expanded my format and have experimented with a variety of mediums, and patterns, and find that the sense of accomplishment that overcomes me when I complete a project leaves me with a "feel good" emotion that doesn't go away immediately (like when you finish that morsel of chocolate, and say "ahhhhh" then realize...there's none left). Putting the healing properties of gemstones together in a necklace, or bracelet, and then gifting that item (having considered the gems for the giftee) goes a long way to knowing that I've given something from my heart, and talent, that is pretty, yet helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! I've been waiting for you to begin and you've done it so eloquently! Much love, Ali

    ReplyDelete